Tuesday, June 22, 2010

DELAYS!!!!

So some of you know that I am going to be trying out for Flag High Cheer. The try-outs were supposed to be this week however due to Signagua closing it was pushed back so that girls could decide if they wanted to go to Flag or Coco. This is the third time it has been delayed and my nerves get worse every week! I am so ready to just get them over with! So the try-out dates now are the 28th-30th of June.
Requirements (At least the ones I know of):
  • A sideline Cheer
  • Regular Cheer
  • 2 Jumps
  • Tumbling
  • Dance
  • Flexibility

Yes you have to learn all of these in the matter of the dates listed above. I have been working on my jumps and I think I am going to do a toe-touch and a pike jump. I think I will do fine on those. Tumbling...I have been doing for a while now and I can do a back hand spring however sometimes its not that consistent so that is the part I am most nervous for. The thing is I can't just choose not to do it because it is required if I want to make varsity cheer so I have to just throw it. I really hope I don't kill myself. As for the dance...I am trying to find the hidden genes of dancing that just have to be in the blood line somewhere. Yup wish me luck. Flexibility is what I am looking forward to the most because I can actually do it! Haha I am going to do my two side splits. Thank you for reading this and letting me stand on my soap box for a couple minutes. I am just hoping that my nerves will help me with like an adrenaline rush :)

2 comments:

  1. Bec -- thanks for the update! I hope you rock the tryouts. I know you'll do great. As for the "hidden genes of dancing" -- I must have scooped all the skills in that area, so just give me a ring if you need some pointers. :) I'm sure Dan and I could come up with something. Love you Bec and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do so great! I know what you mean, though... pushing it back just makes you wanna scream! Let us know how it goes for sure. I can't believe you're going to be driving in less than a month! Ahh! :)

    ReplyDelete