Sunday, June 20, 2010

Starting Now

I was honestly trying to fill whoever reads this in with everything that has happened this past year...which was when I stopped blogging however, each time I was about finished with this post I happened to press a wrong button or click the wrong thing ending with the elimination of each of the three tries of this post. So, I am just going to start from today and if you feel I need to fill you in on something just let me know as we go along.

Wildfires...some of you may have heard from the news or other sources that there have been some close calls concerning wildfires in Flagstaff. If you haven't, I will fill you in! Yesterday around 1:30 PM a man from California let some coals go unchecked from his camp fire which turned into a huge forest hire which was behind Little America Hotel. This one was called the Hardy Fire. No buildings were hurt or people but a couple of neighborhoods were evacuated and some were put on stand-by. This fire has yet to be contained.

At 11:00 AM today another fire was reported near Schultz Pass. A thousand homes have already been evacuated from neighborhoods west of Highway 89 like Timberline and Wupatki trail neighborhoods. Neighborhoods on the east side of this highway are on stand-by to be evacuated. No one knows how this one has been started however what really matters is the safety of everyone near the fires including the fire fighters so please keep these things in your prayers. Schultz Pass fire:

If you look at the last picture you can see the peaks in order to compare the size of the smoke with something you know. The worst part is that this is from our house and you can still see the smoke growing.

Well now that I have set such a happy mood...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I know that I am especially grateful for my dad today; I love him so much and I know that so many others do as well. I hope each of you has a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Yay Becca for posting! I love it. :) Wow. We can not believe those pictures! That's so crazy. We will definitely keep the families and firefighters in our prayers. It was so fun seeing you! Good luck with cheer tryouts! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete